Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekly Challenge: No White This Week

Hello dear readers!

Once again I've failed to be consistent!  I had my GRE test this weekend (Saturday), so I was a bit of a crazy mess until it was finally over.  Now, I feel as though a good weight has been lifted and I can blog once again!  Hip hip hooray for health! I know its Monday tomorrow, but lets all just try and enjoy the week.  After all, whats better then a mid-week break?! 

On to this weeks health challenge...its going to definitely be a challenge, considering this week is the fourth of July!  Good luck....

Challenge for the weeek: NO WHITE FOR A WEEK.


What does this mean you ask?  No "white?" Yes, no white. You heard me. 

None of this:



*Gasps* from the reader.  This guy, is a nasty fellow.  Just look at how sinister he looks! 

The Why:
White bread is bleached flour.  Most of the fiber that was in it - has been removed.  When the fiber is removed, it becomes a simple carb.  You're body treats simple carbs like sugar.  When you ingest white bread, because you're body treats it like sugar, your insulin levels rise.  Because your insulin levels rise, you're body in turn stores this into fat cells.

You wouldn't eat bleach.  Don't eat bleached flour. 

So when you're at the family picnic this Wednesday, just remember "the whiter the bread, the quicker your dead" and maybe you will stay away from white bread. 

For those of you who say, "I only eat whole wheat!" (with a triumphant face) please feel inclined to take this challenge to the next level.  Eat 100% whole grains this week. 

Please let me know how this one goes. 

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment